Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Recipe Mania

I have to post a couple recipes for my pals at work. Thanks to my awesome sister-in-law for the recipe for the cowboy beans. She is a great cook and everytime I bring them to a party everyone wants the recipe.

Cowboy Beans...by Jaime Bassett
1 pound of browned hamburger
1 pkg of crisped crumbled bacon....the real deal, not bacon bits ladies!
1 x-tra large can of pork n beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of Kidney beans
1 can of white beans
1 can of diced green chilies
1/2 cup brown sugar or to taste
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce or to taste ( I like Jack Daniel's or Bullseye)


Ooey Gooey Chex Mix
1 cube real butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup Karo syrup

Boil rapidly for one minute stirring constantly. Pour over cereal mixture and stir.
Cereal Mixture
2 cups rice chex
2 cups corn chex
2 cups of honeygrahms
2 cups wheat chex
2 cups coconut
1 lg pkg sliced almonds

0 comments: